Information held on this website is intended for your general information and, as such, should only be treated as a guide. Leicester City Council, ‘the council’, has used all reasonable endeavours to ensure the accuracy and completeness of this website. It cannot give any representations, assurances, undertakings or warranties about the accuracy, correctness or fitness for purpose regarding the site or any website referred to by it (‘third party site’).
The council does not approve or endorse any information contained on any third party site and accepts no responsibility for this information or its content. The council therefore accepts no liability in connection with any information held on a third party site.
The contents of this website are the copyright of the council. You may make copies for your personal use only. You are not allowed to copy and distribute its contents in any way without the prior consent of the council. You should seek appropriate professional advice before taken any action based on any information held on this site.
Online payment terms and conditions
Please read these terms carefully before using the online payments facility. Use of the Leicester City Council online payments application on this website indicates your acceptance of these terms. If you do not accept these terms please do not use the online payments facility on this website.
- All payments made up to 4pm on a working day, will appear on your council account on the following working day. Payments made out of office hours, at the weekends or during public holidays will show on your council account the day after the first full working day after the payment day.
- Accepted payments will show on your account statements as payments to ‘Leicester City Council’.
- Leicester City Council cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the intended account due to the customer quoting an incorrect account, reference or invoice number.
- If your payment is overdue, or time critical, and recovery action is about to be taken, your online payment will be accepted but you should additionally notify the service department by telephone, that the payment has been made quoting the reference that you have been given.
- Leicester City Council cannot accept any liability if payment is refused, or declined, by the debit / credit card supplier. Leicester City Council has no control over acceptance of card payments and any refusal of payment should be taken up with your card supplier.
Confirmation of Payment
- Once your payment has been authorised, the application will display a confirmation screen showing the payment details and a UNIQUE transaction reference number.
- You can print this screen as your receipt for your payment. These details will also be e-mailed to you if you have supplied the system with a valid e-mail address during the transaction.
- Please keep a note of the transaction receipt number, as you will need to quote this if you have any queries with your payment.
- Your receipt will not show your debit / credit card details, so if your receipt is lost or stolen, your card details will remain confidential.
- If your payment is refused, the application will display a screen informing you of this situation. Remember – it is not the council that is refusing your card payment – it is the card issuing bank that is refusing to authorise the payment.
- If this occurs you will need to contact your card company to discuss the reasons for the refusal and make alternative arrangements to make payment to the council.
The council provides a secure online payments facility, fully managed to Level 1 approval in line with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) requirements. Once you click on the link to make a payment you will be re-directed to a fully hosted secure managed environment. All information that you send will be fully 128 bit encrypted.
The online service is fully managed externally and the Council does not hold any card details on any of its servers or within its infrastructure. The council, nor any of its officers, has any access to your card details on the managed service.
The online payments system complies with all of the security requirements of the PCI council – CV2 input, Verified by Visa, MasterCard SecureCode etc. and the council will continue to enhance the application to the highest security standards.
If you should have any difficulties with the payment process you can contact the Council at:
Cash Services Manager
Exchequer Team -Cash
Business Service Centre
Leicester City Council
10 York Road
Telephone: 0116 4541593
Your privacy is very important and Leicester City Council is committed to protecting your privacy online. Your personal information, given as part of the payment process, will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (see our Privacy Statement below).
We will only use any personal information you send us for the purposes for which you provide it or for other lawful purposes. We will only hold your information for as long as necessary for these purposes and will not pass it to any other parties unless required to do so by law. All employees who have access to your personal data or are associated with the handling of that data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
Upon request we will inform you whether personal information is stored by us. You may write to:
Leicester City Council
9-15 Princess Road West
If you have concerns about the processing of your personal data by the council you may contact the Head of Information Governance at the address above, or:
The Office of the Information Commissioner
Feedback and Comments
Leicester City Council welcomes your feedback and comments about Leicester City Council, about the city and about this site.
You are prohibited from posting or sending any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene or pornographic material to us from this site, or any other material that would break any law.
If you wish to supply any feedback please complete our online form
Limitation of Liability
Leicester City Council, its suppliers or other third parties mentioned on this site will not be liable for any damages arising out of the use, inability to use, or results of use of this site, any web sites linked to this site or any material or information contained on this site.
Registration and Authentication
Leicester City Council may in the future require you to register and be authenticated with us in order for you to access extra services. The information will not be used for sending you newsletters or other promotions unless stated.
Help us improve our performance
If you experience technical difficulties using this web site please send us an email with the relevant information.