Roadworks in Leicester this week
Published on 13 April 2017
New works starting this week (w-c 16 April):
• Herongate Road: drainage works. Road closed between Grosvenor Gate and Wickford Close from Monday (17 April). Diversions in place.
• Gipsy Lane: resurfacing works. Road closed at the Victoria Road East junction in both directions from Tuesday (18 April). Expect delays. Diversions in place.
• Uppingham Road: traffic signal renewals. Temporary signals and lane restrictions at Bridge Road and The Martival from Wednesday (19 April).
Ongoing works in the city:
• Uppingham Road: traffic signal renewal. Lane restrictions and temporary signals in place at junction with St Barnabas Road.
• King Street: carriageway improvements. King Street and Wellington Street closed at junction with Belvoir Street. Diversions in place.
• Spencefield Lane: gas main work. Temporary signals in use as required.
• Highway Road: bridge works. Temporary signals in use between Stoughton Road and Broadway Road.
• Western Road: building works. Road closed between Briton Street and Roman Street. Diversions in place.
• Millstone Lane: street improvement scheme. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• Grange Lane: building works. Road closed between Deacon Street and Gosling Street. Other restrictions, as required, in surrounding streets including changes to the one-way system in Deacon Street, The Gateway and Gosling Street.
• Market Place South: redevelopment works: Road closed. Hotel Street also closed between Market Place South and Market Place. Closures also on Market Place and Friar Lane, and restrictions on Cank Street, Cheapside and St Martins. Diversions in place.
• Jupiter Close: building work. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• Nichols Street: building work. Road closed between Burton Street and Midland Street. Diversions in place.
• York Street: building works. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street. Diversions in place.
• William Street: traffic management works. No left turn from the exit from St George's Retail Park.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries, please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 000. ATC lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am-1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel