Alongside our partners, the City Council undertakes a range of research activity to help ensure that local decision-making is informed by good quality evidence about future trends, local needs and good practice.
Research activity includes:
- Structured inquiry into issues or problems (e.g. Assessment of service needs or evaluation of the impact of service change);
- Surveys, for example on service user satisfaction;
- Case studies, including focus groups and interviews, to explore more complex issues and understand the perspectives of harder-to-reach groups;
- Data analysis, including the production of statistical estimates, projections and forecasts;
- Presentation and interpretation of research findings;
- Sharing information about current and forthcoming research.
Latest Information and Intelligence on Local Issues
Research supports the development, implementation and review of policy and practice in a range of important areas:
The council’s Research & Intelligence team works to improve the planning and co-ordination of local research activity and to make the information and insights from research accessible to a wider audience.
Current projects include:
Write: Jay Hardman, Research & Intelligence Manager, 1st Floor, Block B, New Walk Centre, Welford Place, LE1 6ZG
Tel: 0116 252 7741