Family learning is about families learning together, mums and dads learning new skills alongside their children. It helps parents to learn how their children learn, to help them to do well at school and to give pre-school children a positive start. It is all about enjoying learning together.
What do we offer?
Courses take place in schools, children, young people and family centres, libraries and parks in all areas of Leicester.
We offer a wide variety of courses which includes:
- Courses to help parents understand how their children learn and develop - Early start, Learning through play and Playing with language.
- Practical courses to make story sacks and to explore reading with your child in fun ways.
- Courses to explore healthy eating and keeping your family safe - Family health with first aid, Feed your family for a fiver, Sow it grow it eat it and Family fun with football.
- Courses that help parents understand how English and Maths are taught in schools - Magic Maths and Keeping up with the children.
- Family fun with English - will help you especially if you are new to English to communicate with your child's teacher and help with homework.
- We have a wide variety of family workshops in local parks on Saturdays and in school holidays.
- We run story-telling workshops in libraries during the Festival of Learning in June. Code clubs after school that explore how to code together using Scratch and Chuckle time courses that link to the Comedy Festival.
Keep up to date
Look out for flyers and information in your child's school, local children, young people and family centres libraries and parks to keep up to date with what is on offer in your local area.
For more information about family learning in your area, please ring 0116 454 1888 or email Alison Greet: email@example.com.