Support for children and young people
Information to support children, young people and their families.
Youth services remodelling consultation
Continued reductions in government funding mean we need to make additional budget savings of £55 million by April 2019, on top of the £100 million of savings already made.
As a result, we are proposing to change the way youth services are delivered. This affects the following areas:
- One-to-one support for young people
- Open access youth clubs
- Street-based youth services
- Youth clubs with young carers
- Youth clubs for young people with special educational needs and disabilities
- Youth involvement and participation
- Other youth services funded we fund.
We're considering three different options to make the necessary savings. This is subject to a public consultation which is open until 12 April 2017. You can take part in the consultation by following the quick link above.