Welfare Rights Service
The Welfare Rights Service provides free information and assistance to help residents get their correct benefit entitlements.
We offer a confidential service, independent from other parts of the council. We check you are getting all the benefits you are entitled to, and advise on claims that need to be made. If we can't help, we will direct you to organisations that can.
We can also help people if they have been turned down for benefit and want to appeal, and we can provide representation at tribunals.
Help and advice
If you think you may be entitled to benefit, don’t lose out – call us for help. You can call us on 0116 454 5570 (Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday between 1pm and 4pm), or email us.
Benefit checking and form filling help is available at the following locations:
- St Matthews Children, Young People and Family Centre, 34 Vancouver Road, St Matthews, Leicester. Tuesdays mornings - call 0116 242 6370 to make an appointment
- St Peters Health Centre and Framland House, Highfields. Call 0116 454 5572 or 0116 454 5589 to make an appointment.
Help at Children, Young People and Family Centres
Benefit checking and form filling help is available at Children, Young People and Family Centres, for pregnant women and families with children up to 19 years old.
Help is available at the following centres:
- Beaumont Leys (drop in: Wednesday 9.30am - 12 noon) and Stocking Farm
- Eyres Monsell and Gilmorton
- North Evington
- Northfields and West Humberstone
- West End
Call 0116 454 5572 or 0116 454 5589 to make an appointment.