Leicester City Council is committed to providing effective services. To meet this objective we must securely share information to support practitioners, professionals, services and partners in working together to prevent problems getting worse with early intervention and effective prevention.
Find out how we process personal data in our Fair Processing Notice
Information sharing protocol
Information sharing with partners is restricted to agreed protocols. Information that you provide will be processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and destroyed as soon as it is no longer needed.
We currently have a county-wide Information Sharing Protocol
(ISP) in place with many other organisations which you can read here.
The following organisations have signed this Information Sharing Protocol:
- Blaby District Council
- Leicestershire County and Rutland PCT
- Charnwood Borough Council
- Connexions Leicestershire
- Leicester City PCT
- Leicestershire & Rutland PCT
- Groundwork (inc Environ)
- Harborough District Council
- Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council
- Leicester City Council
- Leicestershire County Council
- Leicestershire Constabulary
- Leicestershire Fire & rescue Service
- Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust
- Leicestershire & Rutland Probation
- North West Leicestershire District Council
- Oadby & Wigston Borough Council
- University Hospitals Leicester
- DeMontfort University
We sign Information Sharing Agreements with these partners for specific purposes.
Information Sharing Agreement (ISA)
An Information Sharing Agreement is a signed ratified document between a partner and ourselves that sets out:
- What information is going to be shared.
- What powers in law give the ability to share information.
- How the information is going to be shared.
- Who the partners to the agreement are.
- Any necessary security requirements.
We publish all of the Information Sharing Agreements that we have in place with our partners so that you can see how Leicester City Council may share your information. They can be found at the bottom of this page.
Read more about how we use personal data in our Fair Processing Notice.
We also have to share data by law as part of the national fraud data matching initiative. You can read more about this here.
If you have any questions about how we may share your personal data, please contact:
Information and Support
Leicester City Council
B3, New Walk Centre
Tel: 0116 252 7606