We aspire for all BSF schools to have:
- good light and ventilation,
- efficient and well controlled heating,
- more dependence on renewables,
- energy efficient equipment and controls,
- energy saving through improved insulation,
- better windows and better airtightness
- better thermal comfort and indoor air quality
We will work hard to ensure new buildings fully incorporate Low Carbon Building design and support the development of innovative and effective practice. We will ensure that designs work well in practice and encourage energy efficient behaviour.
Investigate what your school’s made out of! What are their properties? What’s their impact on the environment?
Where have the materials in your classroom, in your school come from? What’s their carbon footprint? Imagine you can only use local materials.
Learning Tree for Sustainable Design
Understanding sustainability through green designs. The future’s bright the future’s green!
Understanding Architecture Design
The structure and scale of space through maths. Understand the sums behind greener buildings.
Who creates the places in our community?
Thinking about who is involved in building processes. From architects to builders, who decides what?