Please help us to reduce unnecessary paperwork, costly phone calls and visits by keeping us informed of tenancy changes immediately. This will let us provide a more efficient service to you and your tenants by sending correct bills, and awarding discounts and exemptions promptly.
Contact us at:
Revenue and Benefits Service
Ground Floor, 22 - 32 Wellington Street
Leicester, LE1 6HL
Tel 0116 252 7005
We need landlords to:
- Give the exact start and end dates of tenancies.
- Give the full names of each tenant.
- Give the previous and forwarding addresses of your tenants.
- Provide a copy of the tenancy agreement at the start of the tenancy.
- Give a contact phone number in case we have any questions we need to ask you.
Although you may think it unnecessary for you to provide this information, the law does require you to give it, so that we can see who needs to pay the Council Tax, and how much the charge should be.
Please be aware that we can fine you if you do not provide the information we ask for within 21 days of the request.
Usually we will only consider backdating a change in our records to give you an exemption or discount for more than a short time if there is good reason why the information you are providing is late, and we can confirm the information is correct.