Leicester’s Homelessness Strategy
has been prepared in line with Government guidance and approved by Cabinet. It reflects the findings of the Homelessness Review
and identifies future priorities for the service.
Much has been achieved since the first homelessness strategy; key developments have been the shift of emphasis to prevention of homelessness and the strengthening of partnership working.
This approach has led to a fall in homelessness over the last five years and many improvements in homelessness services.
The strategic priorities of the 2008 - 2013 Homelessness Strategy are:
1. To prevent homelessness and tackle the wider causes of homelessness
2. To secure accommodation for homeless people across a range of tenures and to manage and reduce the use of temporary accommodation
3. To support vulnerable homeless people - including young and single homeless and PSA 16 groups (care leavers, offenders, adults with learning disabilities and adults in contact with secondary mental health services) - to access settled homes and establish and sustain independent lives
4. To deliver high quality, value for money services.
If you require any further information please contact Vijay Desor
, Head of Housing Options, tel: 0116 252 6915 or Toni Soni
- Head of Hostels, tel: 0116 299 5634