Landlords, like the Revenues and Benefits Service, are busy people. Please help us to reduce unnecessary paperwork, costly phone calls and visits by keeping us informed of tenancy changes immediately. This will let us provide a more efficient service to you and your tenants by sending correct bills promptly. We need landlords to:
- Inform us of all changes in tenancy when they happen.
- Give the exact start and end dates of tenancies.
- Give the full names of each tenant.
- Give the previous and forwarding addresses of your tenants.
- Provide a copy of the tenancy agreement at the start of the tenancy.
- Give a contact phone number in case we have any questions we need to ask you.
Although you may think it unnecessary for you to provide this information, the law does require you to give it, so that we can see who needs to pay the Business Rates. Please be aware that failure to provide the information requested within 21 days of a written request is a criminal offence, which may result in a fine of up to £5,000 following conviction in a Magistrates’ Court.
To give the details of a change in the occupation of a property, please phone us on (0116) 252 7005, visit us at Wellington House, 22-32 Wellington Street, Leicester LE1 6HL, or email us at: email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can: