We aim to create a culture and environment where more women choose to breastfeed their infants. We will ensure that all managers / supervisors of staff at all levels are responsible for ensuring that their respective staff teams are made aware of, and are committed to, the standard.
Standards: A 6-Point Charter
Leicester City Council's Cultural Services will:
1. Have a written Baby Friendly Service customer standard that is routinely communicated to all staff.
2. Provide awareness sessions for all staff teams to assist in the implementation and upholding of the standards.
3. Promote and support the benefits of breastfeeding to all our visitors.
4. Promote a welcoming atmosphere for breastfeeding families through effective information, signage, and where feasible breast-feeding facilities in our public areas.
5. Not permit active advertising / promotion of breast milk substitutes, feeding bottles, teats or dummies in Arts & Museums and Libraries facilities.
6. Participate in UNICEF’s Breastfeeding Audit to firmly demonstrate our commitment to breastfeeding.
Please see below full details of Leicester City Council's Culture Services Baby Friendly Service 6 point Charter: