We want to help get people active in 2014 so we're offering free weekly swims at selected leisure centres to all young people aged 16 and under who live in the city.
These are available at:
- Braunstone Leisure Centre, every Sunday between 12 midday and 1pm and between 1pm and 2pm
- Cossington Street Sports Centre, every Saturday between 3pm and 5.30pm
- New Parks Leisure Centre, every Saturday between 9am - 12 noon.
- Spence Street Sports Centre, every Saturday between 1.30pm and 4pm.
How does it work?
Anyone aged 16 years and under who wants enjoy a free swim at our leisure centres above needs to register for our Card. To do this, they need to bring some ID with their home address on it when they turn up - our Sports Services team will do the rest.
Children nine years and under enjoying a free swim must be accompanied by someone 16 years or over - that person (or persons) will need to pay the full admission price to go swimming.
Here's our guidelines that we want young people to see before they claim their free swim:
- anyone claiming free swims must register for our "Card" or provide proof of ID to be able to claim their free swim
- our leisure centre swimming pools have individual admissions policies. Give them a call to find out more
- our free swims programme does not include swimming lessons, aqua fit or equipment use
- swimmers must wear appropriate swimming gear when they enjoy their free swim.
Need more information on our free swims?
Call us on 0116 454 1000 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org