Love Leicester is a campaign designed to encourage people in the city to take pride in Leicester. It covers themes such as recycling, reporting grotspots with our Love Leicester smartphone app and making the most of green spaces.
Love where you live
As a city resident there are plenty of things you can do to help keep your neighbourhood clean and tidy:
For more information contact the city wardens on 0116 454 1001 or email email@example.com
With our new app you'll be able to let us know about any environmental problems and also access a wealth of council information from your smartphone or tablet.
How does it work?
- Download it - Our free app is available for Android, Windows, Blackberry and iPhones. Simply visit your app store and search for Love Leicester.
- Spot it - Whether it’s graffiti, litter, fly-tipping, dog fouling or another environmental problem, you can let us know about it.
- Report it - Take a picture of the problem and upload it using the app. You can tag the location and include other details so we can fix the issue quickly.
- Fix it - When you submit your report the details and picture will be sent to the right team who can fix the problem. They'll also be able to post a picture of what they've done.
As well as reporting problems, you can tell us what you like about Leicester. You can also find event listings, details of your nearest leisure centre, current consultations and easily get to our mobile friendly website for information on all council services.
The app is part of the Love Clean Streets network which is used by many councils. This means you can use it anywhere to report problems in other cities as well as Leicester, and the app will route your report to the right council.
It replaces the old One Clean Leicester app so if you already have this on your phone you’ll need to uninstall it and download our new Love Leicester app. Find out more, including details of how you can use your computer, text or picture messaging services to report problems to us.
See the latest reports
Want to see what's been reported and what we're doing to fix it?
Visit our reports page
for the latest information. Here you can find details of open reports we're dealing with and see our closed reports, including before and after pictures.
There are plenty of items that can be recycled using your orange bags including glass bottles and jars, drink and food cartons, food tins, paper and cardboard drinks cans, foil and plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays.
How to use your orange bags:
- Rinse - make sure all items that have contained food or drink are given a quick rinse. To save water, just use old washing up water.
- Place in your bag and tie up - you can use as many bags as you need to for your recycling. Items can be mixed, there is no need to separate each orange bag into different types of recycling.
- Put your bags out on your collection day next to your black wheeled bin.
Find out more about recycling with your orange bags.
You can now sign up for a new optional garden waste service where you will be provided with a green wheeled bin for all of your garden waste such as leaves, twigs and grass cuttings. Find out more.
Find out more
Select the links below for more information about our services.