There are a range of health profiles for Leicester. There is a general, Leicester-wide health profile, a child health profile and various disease, condition and/or lifestyle-related health profiles. The latter includes links to Leicester-specific profiles on issues such as cardiovascular disease, community mental health, local tobacco control and end of life care.
Leicester Ward Health Profiles
The Leicester Ward Health Profiles for 2013 were produced in order to provide a picture of health and health need in each of Leicester’s 22 wards and to support JSNA. They are intended to help citizens, organisations and partnerships to understand their communities, so that they can work to improve health and reduce health inequalities in the city.
Each ward profile contains information on:
- Main causes of death
- Trends over time in main causes of death
- A summary snapshot (compared with Leicester and England) of
- aspects of the ward as a community
- life expectancy and causes of death
- pregnancy, infant and child health
- adults health and lifestyle.
There have not been 2014 updates to these ward health profiles, because of the imminent ward boundary changes.