We aim to protect the health, safety and welfare of people at work. We also safeguard the public, who may be exposed to risks from the way that work is carried out on premises.
What do we aim to do?
Our aim is to protect people working, living in or visiting the city of Leicester from events which could endanger their safety and from significant dangers leading to injury, harm or damage.
How will we achieve this?
We enforce a wide range of regulatory legislation governing public safety including health and safety at work legislation, sports ground safety requirements, public health/health protection legislation, explosives/fireworks safety regulations, Health Act and smokefree legislation, and local bylaws relating to invasive treatments.
The key activities are:
- Protecting vulnerable persons
- Health and safety at work
- Smokefree advice/enforcement
- Event safety/sports ground safety/crowd safety
- Public safety in leisure and entertainment premises
- Beauty/invasive treatments
- Non-alcohol/tobacco related restricted sales
- Firework safety
- Infectious diseases/outbreak management.
Write to us: Public safety team, Leicester City Council, Phoenix House, 1 King Street, LE1 6RN
Ring us on: 0116 454 3220
Send us a message