We provide a pest control service for a variety of common pests in homes and businesses throughout Leicester. There is a charge for this service.
Pests we treat
- Squirrels (in council properties)
If you have an insect infestation and you are unsure what type of insect this may be, we will be happy to identify it for you. Bring the specimen in a sealed container to our main customer service centre: 91 Granby Street, Leicester, LE1 6FB.
Pests we do not treat
We do not offer services for the following pests but can provide advice to discourage and remove them from your property:
- Ants - to discourage ants: seal all sugary and sweet foods in closed containers, clean up food spills from the floor and seal entry points and gaps where they may be nesting.
- Bats - bats and their roosts are fully protected under national and international legislation. It is illegal to kill, injure or disturb bats, to obstruct access to bat roosts, and to damage or disturb bat roosts.
- Bees - masonry bees may be nesting in holes in old walls, repoint the wall to address the problem
- Foxes - to discourage foxes entering your garden secure all rubbish in a tight, sealed bin, block holes which give access into the garden with wire mesh and refrain from feeding birds unless the food is placed in a 'fox-proof' bird table.
- Pigeons - pigeon feeding is an antisocial and unhygienic practice which encourages them to gather in large numbers. Food left out for pigeons often attracts rats. Please refrain from feeding pigeons in the city.
- Squirrels (in private properties) - block holes which give access to roof spaces with mesh will discourage squirrels from entry into your property. Baiting and trapping squirrels in cages is the usual method to remove squirrels.
How to report a pest problem
If you live in a domestic property and know the details of your pest problem you can apply for treatment online by using the quick link at the top of this page.. Alternative if you want more advice you can contact Customer Services directly. Once you have submitted your request we will contact you to make an appointment for the treatment within five working days, except for rats indoors which will be responded to within 24 hours.
For commercial treatments call us on 0116 454 1001 for more information.
How much does it cost?
There is a charge of £59 for treating bedbugs, cockroaches, fleas, mice and wasps. Payment of £59 is required at the time of booking for the treatment of domestic properties.
Treatment for rats at domestic properties is free.
Please note, if the call has been logged for rats and we discover the problem is mice, you will need to pay before we provide the treatment. We reserve the right to refuse the treatment at that point in time.
The charges for commercial treatments is calculated on a case-by-case basis.
0116 454 1001