We provide a service for the treatment of rats, mice and cockroaches. The treatment of rats inside and outside is free, a charge of £62 applies to mice and cockroaches.
Treatment for businesses and landlords
For businesses and landlords, a charge of £66 per hour applies.
Pests we treat
- Rats (inside and out)
How to report a pest problem
If you live in a domestic property and know the details of your pest problem, you can apply for treatment online by using the quick link at the top of this page.
Alternative if you want more advice you can contact customer services directly. Once you have submitted your request, we will contact you to make an appointment for the treatment within five working days, except for rats indoors which will be responded to within 24 hours.
For commercial treatments call us on 0116 454 1001 for more information.
Unfortunately we are no longer able to provide an insect identification service.
Pests we do not treat
We do not offer services for the following pests but can provide advice to discourage and remove them from your property:
- Ants - to discourage ants: seal all sugary and sweet foods in closed containers, clean up food spills from the floor and seal entry points and gaps where they may be nesting.
- Bats - bats and their roosts are fully protected under national and international legislation. It is illegal to kill, injure or disturb bats, to obstruct access to bat roosts, and to damage or disturb bat roosts.
- Bees - masonry bees may be nesting in holes in old walls, repoint the wall to address the problem
- Foxes - to discourage foxes entering your garden secure all rubbish in a tight, sealed bin, block holes which give access into the garden with wire mesh and refrain from feeding birds unless the food is placed in a 'fox-proof' bird table.
- Pigeons - pigeon feeding is an antisocial and unhygienic practice which encourages them to gather in large numbers. Food left out for pigeons often attracts rats. Please refrain from feeding pigeons in the city.
- Squirrels (in private properties) - block holes which give access to roof spaces with mesh will discourage squirrels from entry into your property. Baiting and trapping squirrels in cages is the usual method to remove squirrels.
0116 454 1001