How we buy
We work within a regulatory framework provided by EU and UK law, central government initiatives and our own rules when buying supplies, works and services.
- Works - the carrying out of building or engineering works
- Supplies - supply of any goods or materials
- Services - the provision of any services (including research, professional or consultancy services).
European tendering financial thresholds
We must advertise tenders in the Supplement to the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) where the expected value will exceed:
- £181,302 for supplies contracts.
- £181,302 for services contracts
- £4.551 million for works contracts.
OJEU is only available in electronic form, either on CD-ROM or online. You can get further information from the TED website.