Combined First Aid at Work and Paediatric First Aid
This course combines both First Aid at Work and the Paediatric First Aid course.
This is a 4 day course that meets the content from HSE for the 3 day FAW and Ofsted for the 2 day PFA. The last day is a half day and this is where the Paediatric specific content is discussed as on the other 3 days the content covers both adults and junior and infants.
- Role and responsibilities of a First Aider
- Accident report forms
- First Aid kits
- Aims of First Aid
- Assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty: Primary Survey
- CPR and AED’s
- Dealing with choking
- Causes of unconsciousness and levels of response
- Recovery position
- Blood loss and shock
- Minor injuries: cuts and grazes, small splinters, nose bleeds, insect stings, animal bites and eye injuries
- Completing a secondary survey
- External bleeding
- Sudden poisoning
- Anaphylaxis Shock
- Chest injury
- Heart attack and angina
- Crush injury
- Burns and scalds
- Fractures, sprains and strains
- Spinal injuries
- Head injuries
- Effects of extreme heat and cold
- Abdominal trauma
- Record keeping in a childcare setting
- Recognising and dealing with chronic medical conditions or sudden illness: Sickle Cell and Meningitis
- Recognising other childhood illnesses including Measles, Chicken pox, Mumps
How do I book a place on this course?
Please email to express your interest. Once enough people are interested dates will be listed.
How do I pay for a course?
To see what options of payments are available, please see the 'How do I pay for a course' link at the top of this page.
Send us an email