First Aid at Work
The health and safety law requires employers to ensure the health, safety and welfare of their employees and the public.
- The role and responsibility of a first-aider
- Assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty who is/not breathing normally
- Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Managing a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Managing a casualty who is in shock
- Managing a casualty with a minor injury
- Administer first aid for a range of conditions
- Managing a casualty for a range of major illnesses
Cost (per person)
Examination and award
A practical assessment will be done that includes incident management, dealing with shock, an unconscious casualty and CPR.
I already have a First Aid at Work qualification and wish to renew (re-qualifier)
If you already hold your First Aid at Work qualification and wish to renew it, there is a two day course available. You must send in a copy of your existing current FAW certificate which must not have expired. If it has expired you are allowed a 28 day grace period. On the day of the course, you must bring your old first aid certificate, ideally this must not have expired, however there is a 28 day grace period.
This means that you may book a refresher course in that 28 day period, but you are not allowed to practice as an official first aider during that time. If it has expired past the 28 day period then you need to attend the full three day course, and you are not covered as a first aider until you have completed the course.
Cost (per person)
How do I book a place on this course?
Select the 'Download course booking form' link on our Business training courses homepage.
How do I pay for a course?
To see what options of payments are available, please see the 'How do I pay for a course' link at the top of this page.
Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org