Licences and permits

There are a number of licensing and registration requirements required by law, and we deal with most of them.

Further information

There are a number of licensing schemes that may affect business and residents. Some businesses will need to have licences under more than one scheme - for example, a pub might need a licence for alcohol and entertainment and a separate permit to operate gaming machines.

We handle most of these schemes from the application process through to a grant or refusal, and the monitoring and enforcement work afterwards. In many cases we will liaise with other departments and with outside organisations when determining an application, and when dealing with any problems that arise.

Fees are payable for most applications. The fees we set are reviewed each year and are usually updated from 1st April. Our fees for 1st April 2015 to 31st March 2016 are available below.