Coronavirus service changes for licensing
We are working to minimise the impact of the coronavirus on our services. For that reason, we have introduced temporary changes to our licensing services.
Vehicle testing station
Our vehicle testing station closed as of 24 March 2020. We will keep you informed of any updates on this page.
- New applications are not currently being processed. It is not currently possible to complete all the necessary checks.
- Renewal applications will be prioritised and any available documents are to be submitted online, with payment by phone
- Details of the process will be sent to licence holders that are affected on request – please email email@example.com
- Vehicle tests cannot be completed as the vehicle testing station is closed. We will waive this requirement temporarily but may require an inspection to be completed once things return to normal. We will extend the certificate of compliance (extended MOT). The driver is responsible for making sure the vehicle remains roadworthy at all times
- If we cannot produce licences, badges, plates or door signs as normal, we will send an email confirming the outcome. Where a licence has been granted, we will attach a PDF copy of he licence. In such cases licence holders must display their existing licence/badge plate and keep the emailed letter with them in case of any query
- Licences, badges, plates and door signs will be issued as soon as possible and will be posted to the licence holder’s correspondence address.
Licensing (other than taxis)
- We are prioritising tasks to ensure taxis can continue to operate and to meet statutory deadlines for other areas of licensing
- Please apply online or by email, as we are unable to collect posted applications on a regular basis
- Payments can be taken by phone
- Whilst we will endeavour to go ahead with any hearings that are necessary, they may be deferred under the hearings regulations to a date outside the normal timescales. Alternative ways of holding hearings are being explored
- We will monitor premises closures under emergency legislation
- We aim to respond to issues that arise, without visits unless essential.
Renewal of existing driver and vehicle licences during COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we have limited access to essential IT systems used to process applications received. Unfortunately, we will no longer be taking telephone calls to the team – you are asked to email the team using firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries and you will receive a response to that email.
Please be patient, we will contact you either by email or if you are required to make a payment a member of staff will call you – please try not to email chasing progress as this takes us away from processing the applications which is the priority.
You will find all the information you need to renew your existing driver and vehicle licences below.
All applications and supporting documents must be emailed to us at: email@example.com.
We would like to thank you for your patience during this difficult time, but be assured that we are still working hard to ensure that you receive your renewed licences as soon as they are processed.