Invest in Leicester
We've lots of ambition and Leicester has a fabulous offer for business, residents and visitors alike. Find out about our current grants which may interest you.
Leicester City Investment Fund (LCIF)
The investment fund is designed to encourage business growth and job creation in the Leicester area. Loans of up to £4million will be available to eligible companies.
Types of investment could include:
- Infrastructure provision at key development sites
- Acquisition of land or commercial/industrial property
- Construction or redevelopment of commercial/industrial/housing property, including extensions to premises; and
- Other proposals related to inward investment
Loans will typically be for terms of up to seven years with commercial interest rates which reflect the risk profile of the business.
To be eligible, projects must:
- have a clear link to jobs secured within the Leicester area - both job creation and jobs safeguarded
- demonstrate there is a funding gap in the funding required
- be able to sustain the loan repayments
We will offer flexible loan terms and arrangements will be determined with each business. For more information please email Joanne Ives on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shop front grant scheme
We can provide shop owners with a grant to improve their front for the following areas:
- Church Gate
- Humberstone Gate East
- Narborough Road
- Braunstone Gate
- Market area.
For more information see our shop front improvement grant webpage.
If you are starting or currently in business and looking for finance, visit the Business Gateway website, which will provide details of all funding opportunities within Leicester and Leicestershire.