When you buy goods or services the law gives you consumer rights which protect you from being treated unfairly by a trader.
Consumer advice is provided by Citizens Advice Consumer Service who offer free, confidential and impartial advice on consumer issues. Their website tells you all you need to know about your rights as a consumer and how to deal with consumer problems. You can find out about:
- your rights and responsibilities
- how to complain effectively
- avoiding scams and doorstep crime
- setting up a no cold calling zone.
You should contact them if you:
- receive goods that are faulty, not fit for their purpose, or described incorrectly
- receive services that have not been carried out with reasonable care and within a reasonable time or for an acceptable price
- think you have been scammed.
Use the Citizen's Advice online enquiry form or call 03454 04 05 06.