Complaints about councillors
If you think a councillor or the City Mayor has breached the code, you can complain to our Monitoring Officer.
All councillors and the City Mayor follow a Code of Conduct. Please note that the Code of Conduct applies when councillors are on council business or otherwise in their capacity as a member of council. It will not apply to councillors' conduct of their private lives.
You can find a copy of this Code at the bottom of this page.
How to make a complaint
- complete our online form
- fill out the form which is attached below
- Apply in writing to: The Monitoring Officer, Legal Services Division, Leicester City Council, City Hall, 115 Charles Street, Leicester, LE1 1FZ.
- send an email of your complaint to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How your complaint will be dealt with
We have agreed a procedure for dealing with complaints, called Arrangements for dealing with standards complaints. A full copy of this is attached at the bottom of this page and will give you further information of the process involved.
Complaints that the Monitoring Officer cannot deal with
- council employees
- behaviour that took place before the person was a councillor
- the way the Council conducts or records its meetings
- actions or decisions taken by the council - this may be a matter for the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman.
I want to complain about council services or officers
If you have a complaint about our services or officers, then you should use our complaints procedure. To find out more about the complaints procedure you can:
Call us on: 0116 454 1000
Visit our section on: Comments, compliments and complaints
For further information about making a complaint about a Leicester city councillor, or to obtain records of previous decisions made by the Standards Committee use the contact details below to get in touch:
Call us on: 0116 454 6350
Email us: email@example.com
Anonymous complaints will not be accepted because of the difficulties they cause with investigation.