Self-service and customer services
Information on accessing council services and getting help, including at our self-service centres and our Customer Service Centre. Please ensure you have booked an appointment with us before visiting.
Reopening by appointments only
Our customer service centre will reopen on Tuesday 8 September.
You will need to book an appointment before visiting the centre as we will be providing limited services initially.
We will be providing the following services:
- Homeless prevention
- Scanners for scanning documents
How do I make an appointment?
If you need to access any of these services, you must book an appointment by ringing us on:
Keeping you and our staff safe
To ensure we all remain safe there are new Covid -19 guidelines in place:
- To adhere to social distancing we are limiting the number of people coming into the centre. If you have an appointment please wear suitable outdoor clothing as you may be asked to wait outside
- The centre will be cleaned regularly
- A one-way system will be in place. You will be greeted at the door and the one-way system will be explained to you.
- All our staff will be wearing visors and face coverings.
What to do when I arrive for my pre-booked appointment?
It is important that you take note of the following instructions when you arrive for your pre-booked appointment. You will be turned away if you do not have a pre-booked appointment including use of our scanners, computers and telephones.
- Come alone if possible. We need to limit the number of people entering the building. You can be accompanied by your carer or bring children from your household with you if you have no alternative care.
- Wear a face covering unless a medical condition exempts you. Children over the age of 11 will need to wear a face covering
- Arrive 10 minutes or less before your appointment time. If you arrive too early you will be turned away.
- Bring proof of your appointment, such as the email or text with your PIN so you can self-check in.
- Use the self-serve check-in kiosk if possible.
- Observe all the one-way markers and adhere to the 2 metre social distancing rules.
- Use the hand sanitisers when you enter and leave the centre and at points where you have touched equipment, doors or the lift buttons.
- Leave the centre promptly once your appointment has ended.
- Take all paperwork and anything you may have brought with you, only in exceptional circumstances will paperwork be handed to you.
- Take time to provide details for the track and trace option.
Please note, the Customer Service Centre will be closed on bank holidays, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
|Monday to Friday||10am - 4pm|
|Saturday and Sunday||Closed|