Self-service and customer services
Our Granby Street customer service centre is open Tuesday and Thursday every week. You might find it more convenient to use our online services.
Which services are available?
Self-service facilities available in the centre:
Book an appointment to use our self-service facilities
If you would like to use scanners, PCs and telephones please book an appointment using our online form.
If you cannot use the online booking form, you can call us on 0116 454 1000 to book an appointment. Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday, 10.30am to 3.30pm.
Please remember, you will need to have booked an appointment with us in advance.
|Tuesday||9.30am - 4.30pm|
|Thursday||9.30am - 4.30pm|
We will be closed on bank holidays, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
Use a computer or scan documents at your local library
For your convenience, you can use computers and scanners at your local library. To book a computer, you will need a library card. Find out how to join a library.
If you already have a library membership, you can book a PC at your local library online.
Keeping you and our staff safe
To ensure we all remain safe there are coronavirus guidelines in place:
- Please do wear face coverings to help protect everyone
- To adhere to social distancing we are limiting the number of people coming into the centre. If you have an appointment please wear suitable outdoor clothing as you may be asked to wait outside
- The centre will be cleaned regularly
- A one-way system will be in place. You will be greeted at the door and the one-way system will be explained to you.
- All our staff will be wearing visors and face coverings.
What to do when you arrive for your pre-booked appointment
It is important that you take note of the following instructions when you arrive for your pre-booked appointment. You will be turned away if you do not have a pre-booked appointment including use of our scanners, computers and telephones.
- Come alone if possible. We need to limit the number of people entering the building. You can be accompanied by your carer or bring children from your household with you if you have no alternative care.
- We encourage you wear a face covering to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
- Arrive 10 minutes or less before your appointment time. If you arrive too early you will be turned away.
- Bring proof of your appointment, such as the email or text with your PIN so you can self-check in.
- Use the self-serve check-in kiosk if possible.
- Observe all the one-way markers and adhere to the social distancing rules.
- Use the hand sanitisers when you enter and leave the centre and at points where you have touched equipment, doors or the lift buttons.
- Leave the centre promptly once your appointment has ended.
- Take all paperwork and anything you may have brought with you, only in exceptional circumstances will paperwork be handed to you.
- Take time to provide details for the track and trace option.
Other ways to access our services
If you are struggling to access online services seek help from family or friends. Find out how we may be able to help you.