Self-service and customer services
Information on accessing council services and getting help, including at our self-service centres and our Customer Service Centre.
We have five self-service centres across Leicester:
- Beaumont Leys Library
- Pork Pie Library and Community Centre
- New Parks Library
- St Matthews Library
- Our Customer Service Centre at 91 Granby Street (information below)
What can I do at the self-service centres?
You can do all of the following at each of our self-service centres:
- Scan proofs to support applications including housing and housing benefit
- Use free phones to talk to our services including housing officers, housing benefit, housing options and council tax
- Make appointments to see our specialist advice surgeries, including Welfare Rights, the Community Advice and Law Service and the Department for Work and Pensions
- Use self-service computers to log on to our website and apply for services including housing, housing benefits, parking permits, blue badges and council tax.
You can also use a debit card to pay rent, council tax, fines and other council services at 91 Granby Street, New Parks Library and Pork Pie Library and Community Centre. Granby Street also accepts cash payments at its self-service kiosk.
Our Customer Service Centre
Our Customer Service Centre at 91 Granby Street is staffed by a team of officers who can deal with enquiries, service requests or complaints about any service we offer.
Our staff will advise you on the appropriate way to deal with your query which may involve using a self-service kiosk, using public phones to ring our departments or speaking to an advisor. Some services are only offered on an appointment basis.
You can make a payment online for most of our services using the quick link at the top of this page.
Please note, the Customer Service Centre will be closed on bank holidays.
|Monday||8.30am - 5pm|
|Tuesday||8.30am - 5pm|
|Wednesday||8.30am - 5pm|
|Thursday||8.30am - 5pm|
|Friday||8.30am - 4.30pm|