Self-service and customer services
Our Granby Street customer service centre is open. You must book an appointment before visiting us. During this period we will only be providing access to limited services.
Which services are available?
Pre-booked services that will be available:
- Homeless services
- Business social care payments
- Blue Badge assessments
- Self-service facilities such as scanners, PC's and telephones.
Please remember, you will need to have booked an appointment with us in advance.
|Tuesday||9.30am - 4.30pm|
|Thursday||9.30am - 4.30pm|
Please note, we will be closed on bank holidays, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
How do I book an appointment?
To book an appointment please call us on 0116 454 1000. Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday, 10.30am to 3.30pm.
Keeping you and our staff safe
To ensure we all remain safe there are coronavirus guidelines in place:
- Please do wear face coverings to help protect everyone
- To adhere to social distancing we are limiting the number of people coming into the centre. If you have an appointment please wear suitable outdoor clothing as you may be asked to wait outside
- The centre will be cleaned regularly
- A one-way system will be in place. You will be greeted at the door and the one-way system will be explained to you.
- All our staff will be wearing visors and face coverings.
What to do when I arrive for my pre-booked appointment?
It is important that you take note of the following instructions when you arrive for your pre-booked appointment. You will be turned away if you do not have a pre-booked appointment including use of our scanners, computers and telephones.
- Come alone if possible. We need to limit the number of people entering the building. You can be accompanied by your carer or bring children from your household with you if you have no alternative care.
- We encourage you wear a face covering to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
- Arrive 10 minutes or less before your appointment time. If you arrive too early you will be turned away.
- Bring proof of your appointment, such as the email or text with your PIN so you can self-check in.
- Use the self-serve check-in kiosk if possible.
- Observe all the one-way markers and adhere to the social distancing rules.
- Use the hand sanitisers when you enter and leave the centre and at points where you have touched equipment, doors or the lift buttons.
- Leave the centre promptly once your appointment has ended.
- Take all paperwork and anything you may have brought with you, only in exceptional circumstances will paperwork be handed to you.
- Take time to provide details for the track and trace option.
Other ways to access our services
You can still make use of our online services, contact us by email or phone:
If you are struggling to access online services seek help from family or friends. Find out how we may be able to help you.