How we can support you
Find out how Adoption Services East Midlands will support you at each stage of the adoption process.
From a friendly welcome when you make your initial enquiry, professional support during your assessment and preparation, to easing your anxieties and celebrating with you on the day your child arrives. After this you can still benefit from continuing support for as long as you need after you have adopted.
Why choose Adoption Services East Midlands?
We are an established team made up of experienced, knowledgeable, committed social workers and support staff who specialise in all aspects of adoption. We recruit, train, assess and support prospective adopters in order to provide adoptive families for children in the care of Leicester City Council or on the National Adoption Register.
Who are we?
- Service Manager: Georgina
- Team Manager: Peta
- Social Workers: Emma, Sandra, Manjeet, Liz, Meg, Helene, Jasvir
- Family Finder: Vicky
- Post Adoption Social Workers provided by our Child and Family Support Team
- Post Adoption Support Worker: Gail
- Administrative Team, Panel Co-ordinator: Emma and Lindsey
- Admin assistants: Darshna
What do we do?
Last year we successfully placed 57 children for adoption. Most of these children were placed within weeks or months of an adopter's approval. As an agency, we continue to provide post adoption support. We do this through advice and guidance, social events, newsletters, training events.
What can you expect from us?
- A professional, and confidential service
- Experienced, friendly and approachable staff
- One worker to see you through the whole process - from assessment - through to placement of a child and the granting of an adoption order
- Excellent support after adoption.
What happens when I ring up?
We have an adoption duty worker available Monday to Friday from 10am to 2pm.
Our friendly enquiry officer will give you initial advice about what to do next. This may be to attend one of our information events or speak directly to a social worker who will be available from 10am to 2pm Monday to Friday. Call us as many times as you want. We are happy to help. No matter how trivial your question might seem to you – it is important to us - call us on 0116 454 4540.
Or, if you are ready, we can help you through the next steps. All information you give us is treated as confidential, and is kept securely.
What if I call when you are not there?
We have a 24 hour, confidential, answering machine – we will call you back the next working day.
Access further services
Write to us: Social Care and Early Help, Halford House, 91 Charles Street, Leicester, LE1 1HL
Ring us on: 0116 454 4540 - Social worker available 10am to 2pm Monday to Friday
Send us a message