Is it for me?
We want to make sure that you feel safe and supported and know where and who to go to for advice and help. Our care leaver offer describes all the support available to young people who have left care.
Accessing support and services
To access support and services speak with your social worker or personal advisor. If you don’t have a social worker or personal advisor, get in touch with the care leaving service and they will be able to let you know whether the offer applies to you.
You can contact the Leicester City care leaving service through our Duty and Advice Service:
- Phone: 0116 454 1004
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you identify as a former unaccompanied asylum seeking child or are awaiting leave to remain status from the Home Office, there may be some elements of this offer that you are not entitled to. Please discuss this with your personal advisor.
Your rights checklist
By law you are entitled to:
- Be involved in decisions about your life
- Support and advice until your 25th birthday
- A pathway plan detailing your goals for the future
- Request access to any information we may hold about you
- Be listened to and supported in where you decide to live
- Know we won’t share your information with others without your consent
You may need additional support because:
- You were an unaccompanied child and your immigration status is unclear
- You are leaving custody or have been in contact with the criminal justice system
- You are a young parent
- You are going through a difficult time in your personal life.
- You are a care experienced adult from another local authority
- You have special educational needs or a disability
If you have special educational needs and/or disabilities there is a ‘Local Offer’ that describes the help you can expect in your local area. Further information is available on the Leicester City SEND Local Offer.
If Leicester City Council was not the local authority that looked after you when you were in care, please contact the local authority that cared for you to find out what leaving care services and support you are entitled to under their offer. If you are no longer in touch with the team, please contact the Duty and Advice Service at 0116 454 1004.
In these cases your personal advisor will advise you of what additional support we can provide.