Adult social care strategies
We develop long-term plans (strategies) to work from so that we can deliver the best possible adult social care services for Leicester residents.
We have developed a range of documents that explain our plans for the future. These documents set out what we are doing to make sure that our adult social care services meet people’s needs for care and support. We also produce a document called the ‘local account’ each year that shows how we have performed for the previous year. The documents are listed below, along with a brief a description of what they are about.
All documents below are available as PDFs.
General strategic documents
- Adult Social Care Strategic Priorities
- Sets out ASC’s main purpose and our six strategic priorities.
- Adult Social Care Strategic Commissioning Strategy 2015-2019
- Describes our overall approach to commissioning (planning and buying) ASC services to meet needs.
- Adult Social Care Market Position Statement 2018-2020
- Information for providers (organisations that may wish to provide adult social care services in future). Sets out our priorities, information about current and future needs, and plans for future commissioning.
- Adult Social Care Local Account 2015-2016
- Annual statement showing how our services have performed over 12 months, and sets out some of our future plans.
- Adult Social Care Stakeholder Engagement Strategy 2017
- Sets out our approach to involving people when we plan, design, commission, deliver and evaluate our services.
Specific strategic documents
- Independent Living and Extra Care Commissioning Strategy 2013
- Provides an overview of the state of the current market for independent living, and the level of need.
- Joint Mental Health Commissioning Strategy 2015-2019
- Produced jointly with Leicester City Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). Sets out information about the needs of people with mental health problems and plans for commissioning services to meet those needs.
- Joint Learning Disabilities Commissioning Strategy 2015-2019
- Produced jointly with Leicester City Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). Sets out information about the needs of people with learning disabilities and plans for commissioning services to meet those needs.
- Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Autism Strategy 2014-2019
- Sets out information about the needs of people who have autism and our plans for commissioning services to meet those needs. Currently under review.
- The Joint Health, Social Care and Education Transitions Strategy 2019-2022 (PDF)
- Produced jointly with Leicester City Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). Sets out an approach to improving the support provided for young people with additional needs as they prepare for adulthood.
- Joint carers strategy (2018-2021) - recognising, valuing and supporting carers in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland (PDF)
- This Carers Strategy has been developed in partnership with carers across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, and with the support of a number of local voluntary sector organisations, Healthwatch and local health providers. The organisations signed up to this strategy have committed to work together to deliver our local vision for carers.