Our parks, open spaces, community gardens and riverside corridor can provide you with long-term benefits to your physical and mental health wellbeing.
Did you know?
Regular usage or access to our open spaces and facilities have been proven to aid physical and mental health and wellbeing.
Below are just some of the ways regular usage or access to green and blue spaces have been proven to aid physical and mental health and wellbeing:
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Aids reduction in symptoms of depression
- Improved mood and better sleep patterns
- Improved social and learnt skills, motivation and confidence
- Greater mental resilience, improved attention and control
- Improved physical fitness
- Weight loss
- Offers alternative ways to exercise outdoors
- Increases sense of pride
- Increases social skills, meet new people
- New skills and skills transference
- Get fitter, become more active.