Swimming pool admission policy
Swimming pool admission policy for Evington and Spence Street Leisure Centres.
All children under the age of 8 years should be accompanied by an adult who will be 16 years old or above, who will always be required to supervise the child/children within the water.
The maximum numbers of children the responsible adult may supervise are: -
- 1 Adult to one child up to the age of 4 years
- 1 Adult to two children 4 -7 years where the children are non-swimmers wearing buoyancy aids.
- The ratio of adult to children may be increased at the discretion of the management where the children are deemed competent swimmers. (ask for these details at reception)
- If the children are non-swimmers, they should be wearing buoyancy aids.
A competent swimmer test may be available at the discretion of the management. If a child over the age of 7 passes the competent swimmer test, they will be allowed entry to the pool if they are supervised from the poolside by an adult who must always remain on the poolside.
Programmes sessions (swim parties - exclusive use teaching pool only)
- 1 Adult to 3 children 4-7 years or 2 children under 4 years who are wearing buoyancy aids.
- It is recommended that all buoyancy aids are kite marked or carry a BSEN number. It is expected that customers provide their own buoyancy aids.
Prior medical condition
- Before using any of the facilities please advise the management or the staff supervising the service if you have a medical condition that may put you at sudden or expected risk and may require staff to react and give your assistance.
Persons with open wounds or contagious skin condition
- If it is likely that an infection might be passed onto another person, for their safety and wellbeing, the management will exercise the right to refuse admission or ask any person to leave noted to have open wounds or a skin condition that may be contagious.
The management reserves the right to exclude/refuse/ban in the event of non-compliance of the policy to include unacceptable behaviour.