Roadworks in Leicester
Published on 08 September 2017
New works in the city (w/c Sunday 10 September):
• Welford Road: carriageway improvements. Temporary signals in use close to Overdale Road on Sunday (10 Sep) only.
• Kate Street: carriageway repairs. Road closed at junction with King Richards Road on Monday (11 Sep) only.
• Market Place: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Odeon Arcade and Cheapside. Diversions, including changes to one-way system, in place.
• Friar Lane: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Southgates and Berridge Street. Diversions in place. Access maintained for pedestrians.
• Welford Road: carriageway improvements. Temporary lane closure in place between Welford Place and Marlborough Street.
• King Street: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Belvoir Street/Welford Place and Marlborough Street. Access for pedestrians maintained.
• Colton Street: construction work. Road closed between Church Street and Rutland Street. Diversions in place.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• York Street: building works. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street. Diversions in place.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries, please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am-1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel