Roadworks in Leicester
Published on 13 October 2017
New works in the city (w/c Sunday 15 October):
• Leicester Marathon: Sunday 15 Oct. Roads closed for short time to allow runners to pass along marathon route (Victoria Park onto the city centre via London Road, St Georges Way, Charles Street and Belgrave Gate, before heading out along the Golden Mile and into the county. Coming back into the city at Red Hill Circle, passing the National Space Centre and Abbey Park, Frog Island and St Margaret's Way, coming back into the city centre via Church Gate, Highcross Leicester, High Street and Gallowtree Gate and Granby Street. The race will then take in Bishop Street, Bowling Green Street, part of Belvoir Street and Wellington Street, before turning onto Walk and up to Victoria Park).
Buses due to depart from Charles Street or Humberstone Gate before 9.45am will be delayed until the marathon passes. Bus services will not serve Causeway Lane, Horsefair Street, Belvoir Street or Welford Place until approximately 3.15pm. Bus services will also not operate along Abbey Park Road, Thurcaston Road or Loughborough Road until about 2.45pm.
• Belgrave Road: Diwali Day celebrations. Road closed between Belgrave Circle and Loughborough Road from 5pm until 9.30pm on Thursday (19 Oct) only. Parking and other restrictions in place on side streets throughout the day. Diversions in place.
• Glenfield Road: crossing maintenance. Road closed inbound between New Parks Way and Letchworth Road during off-peak hours (9-30am to 3pm) from Sunday (15 Oct). Diversions in place.
• Saffron Lane: carriageway resurfacing. Road closed outbound between Copinger Road and Heathcott Road from Sunday (15 Oct). Diversions in place.
• Narborough Road: cabling works. Lane closures in place close to junction with Hinckley Road on Sunday (15 Oct) only.
• Heacham Road: carriageway repairs. Road closed between Burnham Road and Lomond Crescent from Monday (16 Oct). Diversions in place.
• Hassal Road: parking bay improvements. Road closed between Falconer Road and Charnor Road from Monday (16 Oct). Diversions in place.
• Clarendon Park Road: gas main works. Temporary signals in place from Monday (16 Oct)
• Forest Road: water mains work. Temporary signals in use.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• Friar Lane: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Southgates and Berridge Street. Diversions in place. Access maintained for pedestrians.
• Colton Street: construction work. Road closed between Church Street and Rutland Street. Diversions in place.
• York Street: building works. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street. Diversions in place.
• Welford Road: carriageway improvements. Temporary lane closure in place between Welford Place and Marlborough Street.
• King Street: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Belvoir Street/Welford Place and Marlborough Street. Access for pedestrians maintained.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries, please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am-1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel