Roadworks in Leicester this week
Published on 05 January 2018
Roadworks starting w-c 7 January 2018
• Horsefair Street: carriageway works. Road closed between Market Place Approach and Granby Street from Sunday (7 January). DIversions for buses and taxis in place. Access to Market Place and deliveries to Gallowtree Gate unaffected.
• Vaughan Way slip road: utility works. Inside lane of the slip road closed between Holy Bones and Great Central Street from Monday (8 January) at off-peak times (9.30am - 3.30pm) and overnight (7pm - 6am).
• Loughborough Road: construction works. Road closed between Red Hill Circle and Meadows Way to city-bound traffic only from Monday (8 January). Diversions in place.
• Harrison Road: water mains works. Road closed between Acorn Street and Jermyn Street on Monday and Tuesday (8-9 January) only. Diversions in place.
• Sparkenhoe Street: water mains work. Temporary signals in use.
• York Street: construction works. Road closed between Granby Street and Albion Street. Traffic diversions in place. Pedestrian access maintained at all times.
• Friar Lane: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Southgates and Berridge Street. Diversions in place. Access maintained for pedestrians.
• Colton Street: construction work. Road closed between Church Street and Rutland Street. Diversions in place.
• London Road: water mains work. Temporary signals in use.
• Avebury Avenue: water mains work. Temporary signals in use.
• Waterside Road: telecommunications work. Temporary signals in use.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries, please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am-1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information, tune in to BBC Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel