Roadworks in Leicester
Published on 16 February 2018
New work starting w/c Sunday 18 February 2018
• Church Gate: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Vaughan Way and Gravel Street from Sunday (18 Feb). Also affects Gravel Street from Church Gate to New Road. Diversions in place.
• Saffron Lane: cabling works. Temporary signals in place at junction with Knighton Lane East on Sunday (18 Feb) only.
• Loughborough Road: construction works. Road closed between Red Hill Circle and Meadows Way to city-bound traffic only. Diversions in place.
• Highcross Street: construction works. Various restrictions in place as required. Also affects Great Central Street and parts of Vaughan Way.
• Market Place: carriageway resurfacing. Road closed between Market Place Approach and Hotel Street.
• Heacham Drive: carriageway repairs. Temporary traffic signals in place.
• Avebury Avenue: water main work. Temporary traffic signals in place.
• York Street: construction works. Road closed between Granby Street and Albion Street. Diversions in place. Pedestrian access maintained at all times.
• Friar Lane: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Southgates and Berridge Street. Diversions in place. Access maintained for pedestrians.
• Colton Street: construction work. Road closed between Church Street and Rutland Street. Diversions in place.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries, please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am-1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information, tune in to BBC Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel