Events at parks
Get involved with Saving Saffron Brook events at our parks including, nature walks, mindfulness, activities for children and families. Remember, some events do require registration.
- 19 and 21 - volunteering at Washbrook Nature Area
- 20 - Nature walk – summer meadows at Brockshill Country Park
- 21 Mindfulness at Washbrook Nature Area
- 23 - Saffron Wild at Saffron Heath (onsite parking, find us at the top of Heathcott Road, LE2 6LS)
- 27 - Meet the team at Aylestone Recreation Ground
- 28 - Volunteering at St Mary’s Green Space
- 2 and 9 - Wild Play at Knighton Park
- 2 - Mindfulness at Knighton Park
- 3 - Nature Walk – River Ecology at Washbrook Nature Area
- 10 - All about wildflowers – online
- 13 - All about wildflowers at Brockshill Country Park
- 16 - Mindfulness at Washbrook Nature Area
- 17 - All about trees and galls – online
- 20 - All about trees and galls at Knighton Park
- 24 - Nature Walk – River Ecology at Washbrook Nature Area
- 4 - Wild Knighton at Knighton Park (follow signs from Palmerston Way car park)
- 17 - Apple day at Saffron Heath
- 23 - Nature Walk – bat watch at Knighton Park
- 28 - All about fungi – online
- 1 - All about fungi at Knighton Spinney
- 7 - Nature walk – woodland fungi at Brocks Hill Country Park
‘All about…’ wildlife training
These sessions are perfect for anyone who wants to get a bit more in-depth about local ecology. With an online and an outdoor session for each theme, this is a chance to learn the basics and then put your knowledge into practice. These sessions support the 100 Species Challenge and are a great way to start working towards your target.
A gentle group walk with plenty of stops to talk about wildlife as we go. Our nature expert brings everyday scenery to life with the secret lives of plants, trees, birds and bugs. Once you learn more about local wildlife you will begin to spot it everywhere - your daily walk will never look the same again!
Saffron Wild and Wild Knighton
Come and be a nature detective! Can you help us find out which plants and animals are living at Saffron Heath and Knighton Park? With fun family activities and free talks on bugs, birds, flowers and more, you will learn about wildlife and have fun along the way! Do a bug or flower hunt and show us what you find so that we can make a list of all the species present – your finds really help scientists working to protect local wildlife.
No need to register, just come along on the day.
Wild play for kids
The Wildlife Trust are hosting play sessions for kids aged 5-12 to get into nature at the brook. Younger siblings are welcome too, and children must be accompanied at all times by an adult. We will explore in the water and on the banks - please wear wellies and be prepared to get wet!
Introduction to mindfulness
Take a moment for yourself to enjoy nature in a beautiful setting. Our guide will show you some techniques to slow down, take a breath and appreciate the here and now. Beginners are welcome, we will provide yoga mats to sit or lie on. If you will be uncomfortable on the mat you are welcome to bring a chair.