Family Learning is about families learning together; mums and dads learning new skills alongside their children.
Family Learning helps parents to learn how their children learn, to help them do well at school and to give pre-school children a positive start. It's all about enjoying learning together.
Courses take place in schools, children young people and family centres and libraries in all areas of Leicester.
What do we offer?
We offer a wide variety of courses which includes:
- Courses to help parents understand how their children learn and develop - Early Start, Learning through Play and Playing with Language
- Practical courses to make Story Sacks and to explore Reading with your Child in fun ways
- Courses to explore healthy eating and keeping your family safe - Family Health with 1st Aid, Sow it Grow it Eat it, Family Fun with Football and Feed your Family for a Fiver
- Courses that help parents understand how English and maths are taught in schools - Magic Maths and Keeping up with the Children (maths and English)
- Cracking the Code with Scratch courses that help parents understand how coding is taught in school and how to stay safe online
- Family fun with English - will help you as a parent if you are new to English and need help to talk to your child’s teacher or to help with homework
- In libraries we run Story Telling Workshops during the Festival of Learning.
Keep up to date
Look out for flyers and information in your child's school, local children, young people and family centres libraries and parks to keep up to date with what is on offer in your local area.
For more information about family learning in your area, please ring 0116 454 1888 or email Alison Greet: firstname.lastname@example.org.