Skip to content

Telephone line issues

Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties with our phone lines and are working to fix the problem. You can access many of our services online or by searching our website.

Making a complaint

If you have concerns about your child’s education, discuss these with your child's teacher. Most issues can be resolved this way, but sometimes you may wish to make a formal complaint.

Schools are required to have their own complaints procedures, which are separate from our complaints procedures.

How do I make a complaint?

Formal complaints should be made to the headteacher or principal. A complaint can be made in writing or in person. You should make it clear that you wish to make a formal complaint.

A guidance for parents on the complaints procedure can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.

What if I am not satisfied with the outcome?

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the investigation into your complaint, or your complaint is about the headteacher or principal, you can complain to the chair of the governing body.

Your complaint should be made in writing, put in an envelope marked 'Private and Confidential, to be opened by addressee only' and addressed to 'The Chair of Governors (school name)' and delivered to the school/college office. The staff will ensure your complaint is passed unopened, to the chair of governors.

If you need help preparing your complaint please contact us using the form below.