The choice advice service
The choice advice service offers impartial guidance, support and information to parents choosing a school for their child in Leicester.
The choice advice service provides free impartial and independent advice and information on
- Starting school
- Junior transfer process
- Secondary transfer process
- In-year transfers
- Schools for children new to the city.
Your choice adviser can assist you by:
- Explaining the admissions process
- Helping you to complete forms
- Helping you make sure your school preferences are informed and realistic
- Helping you understand the information contained in this booklet
- Helping you to find other information about schools
- Providing information and advice on the admissions appeals procedure
- Arranging translation and interpretation services if needed.
Your choice adviser cannot offer or guarantee school places or influence the secondary allocation process. They will guide you through the admission process but will not make decisions on your behalf.
Support can be provided by telephone or through face to face meetings.
Secondary support sessions
The choice advice service will be delivering secondary support sessions for parents and carers.