Skip to content

Tell us about activities on the highway

All works on or near the highway need our permission to take place. This includes developments and building works, and community events.

If you are planning any development, building works or other activity which may affect the highway or its users, please download the guidance notes and application form at the bottom of the page and return it to us.

We will work with you to ensure your works can go ahead without unnecessary delay, and any disruption, road closure or closures can be minimised.

Street parties

If you are planning a street party, you may need to carry out a risk assessment and get special insurance. Find out moreĀ on the Zurich website.