Enquire about a dropped kerb

A dropped kerb is used to give access to vehicles from a road, across the pavement and onto a driveway or parking area.

Further information

Please note the current processing time for enquiries is approximately 12 weeks, and you may not hear from us during this period

You should not drive over the grass verge or pavement onto your property if you don't have a crossing.

How do I apply?

If you want to install a dropped kerb, you should contact us for a quotation by downloading and completing the application form at the bottom of the page, and returning it to us.

General points to note

Dropped kerbs can only be constructed by us, you cannot use your own contractor.

In some cases, particularly if the access is to a classified road, planning permission may be necessary.

Council tenants interested in a dropped kerb should initially contact their local housing office, by calling 0116 454 1007.