Skip to content

Households with adult children

Households with adult children are allowed an extra bedroom.

Families with children in the armed forces

If you have a child in an armed force who usually lives with you, when they are not on deployment, they will be allowed a bedroom of their own when we work out your bedroom entitlement.

You must tell us when they leave for duty and return, as the non-dependant deduction will be removed and reinstated when they return.

Families with children at university

If you have an adult child at university then you are able to keep their room if their absence is temporary. Temporary is classed as less than 52 weeks a year for students.

You must tell us when they leave for study and when they return.