Online account and forms offline 7 April from 3am

Sorry - due to updates you won't be able to access your council tax, business rates, housing benefits account, support grant application and some online forms on this page.

Get financial support Need advice on your council tax, business rates or housing benefit? Find out how we can help. ×

Advice and guidance

Get help and advice on additional support you may be able to receive and any changes that may affect you.

Further information

Where can I go for help and advice?

Citizens Advice LeicesterShire

If you would like help or advice, you can contact Citizens Advice LeicesterShire. The support available is free, independent and confidential and covers a range of advice, including; debt and budgeting, housing, employment, family issues, immigration and community care.

There are a number of ways people can continue to get advice during the coronavirus crisis.
  • General advice can be given over the phone by an advisor from 9am until 4.30pm Monday to Friday, on 0300 330 1025.
  • Contact an advisor online by visiting the Citizens Advice LeicesterShire website and filling in a webform or by contacting the local team.
  • Anyone seeking to make a new claim for Universal Credit should call the Universal Credit Help to Claim line on 0800 1448444.

Please be aware that waiting times for these services may be longer than usual.

Advice for service providers

Social Welfare Advice Partnership (SWAP)

We host a bi-monthly forum for various organisations that offer advice in Leicester. SWAP aims to allow regular communication between advice providers. The group discuss any information, issues or future changes to Leicester's advice services. The group is important to us, as members work closely the public to understand how local and national changes impact on you and your communities.

You can nominate your organisation to join SWAP by sending us an email.

Please note that SWAP meetings have been temporarily suspended.

Help with travel costs

We also offer some travel assistance for those registered unemployed. Travel aid is a concessionary travel pass available for Leicester residents who are registered unemployed, to help them seek work. Find out about concessionary travel for unemployed people.