I have lost or had my income stolen
You can make an application if you have been left without funds until you receive your next income.
What we can help with
We can help for a short-term period with daily living essentials. This will usually be issued in the form of food parcels or vouchers for gas/electricity prepayment meters if you are liable for the property.
If you are awarded, you will be asked to collect your award from a city centre location or make arrangements for someone to collect on your behalf.
We will also check if you had made similar applications with us in the past.
What do I need to do before making an application?
Community Support Grants are available to people without sufficient resources to support their daily living needs. Therefore you should exhaust other provisions before seeking our support.
Other provisions you can check before considering a Community Support Grant:
- With your current benefit claim, you may be able to get a Hardship Payment from the Jobcentre, call 0345 608 8545. You must request this before making an application.
- Friends or family may be able to help you.
- Check if charitable organisations are able to assist.
Tips for submitting an application
- The application form will take around 30 minutes to complete
- Ensure you have details to hand like your National Insurance number and full address (including postcode).
- Check details of your income as you will be asked to detail each sort of income you receive, the amount and the next payment date. Equally, you will be asked about your expenses.
- Evidence will be required to support your application. This will be advised to you upon submission of the application.
Each case will be treated on its own merits, and all customers will receive equal and fair treatment.
How do I apply?
Call us on 0116 454 1019 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5pm) to apply.