I have not had any interruption to payments but I am in crisis
Due to an unexpected expense or if you have had problems managing your money.
What we can help with
We can help for a short-term period with daily living essentials. This will usually be issued in the form of food parcels or vouchers for gas/electricity prepayment meters if you are liable for the property.
If you are awarded, you will be asked to collect your award from a city centre location or make arrangements for someone to collect on your behalf.
We will also check if you had made similar applications with us in the past. You will also be booked an appointment with Citizens Advice LeicesterShire to support you with managing your money effectively.
What do I need to do before making an application?
Community Support Grants are available to people without sufficient resources to support their daily living needs. Therefore you should exhaust other provisions before seeking our support.
Other provisions you can check before considering a Community Support Grant:
- Friends or family may be able to help you.
- Check if charitable organisations are able to assist.
Tips for submitting an application
- The application form will take around 30 minutes to complete.
- We will ask for details of what has caused your current crisis situation and for evidence of this. For example, if you had to unexpectedly make a journey, we will ask to see your ticket.
- We will also ask for details of your usual expenses.
- Ensure you have details to hand like your National Insurance number and full address (including postcode).
- Check details of your income as you will be asked to detail each sort of income you receive, the amount and the next payment date. Equally, you will be asked about your expenses.
- Evidence will be required to support your application. This will be advised to you upon submission of the application.
Each case will be treated on its own merits, and all customers will receive equal and fair treatment.
How do I apply?
Call us on 0116 454 1019 (Monday to Friday, 9.30am - 4pm) to apply.