I have a social services intervention
You must either have an allocated social worker or your case be open to a team within social services.
What we can help with
- Essential furniture (like a bed and mattress, sofa, dining table)
- White goods for your kitchen (like a cooker and a fridge)
- Household goods (like crockery, cutlery, bedding).
Please note that items are awarded from our Re-use Furniture Bank Scheme so the items are second hand but are suitable for use and, where necessary, have been tested. For reasons of hygiene, we always provide new mattresses.
What do I need to do before making an application?
Community Support Grants are available to people without sufficient resources to provide these items themselves. Therefore you should exhaust other provisions before seeking our support.
Other provisions you can check before considering a Community Support Grant:
- Your family or friends may be able to provide some items.
- If you are in receipt of certain benefits, you may be able to obtain a Budgeting Loan.
- Check if charitable organisations are able to assist.
We will require a supporting letter from Social Services giving an account of your circumstances, that they would support you in your application and their detailed reasons for this.
Tips for submitting an application
- The application form will take around 30 minutes to complete.
- Ensure you have details to hand like your National Insurance number, full addresses (including postcode).
- Check details of your income as you will be asked to detail each sort of income you receive, the amount and the next payment date. Equally, you will be asked about your expenses. You may find a Budgeting Statement would be helpful.
Each case will be treated on its own merits, and all customers will receive equal and fair treatment.
Start your application
As part of the application process you will need to answer a number of questions related to your circumstances. If you are eligible you will be directed to the main application form.
If you start an application, we recommend completing and submitting it rather than saving. The online application has a facility to save your application before submitting. If you save an application, please keep a note of the reference number and password. To continue with your application, you will need to click the below 'Start your application' link below and complete the pre-application questions again and then you will have an option to 'Load saved application'.
When you are taken to the application, you will be presented with a list of available options for the form, please ensure you select 'I have social services support and require items'.