Forms and guidelines
Download forms and guidelines that will help you arrange a burial or cremation, buy or transfer a grave, or purchase a memorial.
Arranging a funeral without a funeral director
Burial and cremation records search
- Application for records search - application form to request a search of burial, grave or cremation records.
Burial and grave forms
- General guidelines for graves and memorials (PDF) - advice on graves and grave memorials
- Notice of burial (PDF) - use this form to apply and give details for a burial
- Purchase of exclusive rights of burial (PDF) - use this form to purchase a grave in reserve.
- Grave ownership and deed transfer leaflet (PDF) - a guide to owning a grave and how and when to transfer ownership to another person.
- Assignment of rights of burial (PDF) - use this form if you are the registered grave owner and wish to transfer ownership of the grave to another person.
- Notice of cremation (PDF) - use this form to give details of the cremation service.
- Cremation form 1 - application (PDF) - application for a cremation.
- Cremation form 2 - body parts (PDF) - application for cremation of body parts.
- Cremation form 3 - stillborn baby (PDF) - application for the cremation of a stillborn baby.
- Cremation form 4 - medical certificate (PDF) - medical certificate (statutory medical certificate to be completed by a registered doctor).
Scattering ashes on parks, open spaces and the River Soar
- Memorial options and order forms (PDF) - brochure with details of memorial options and prices at our cemeteries and crematorium.
- Memorial permit application form (ODT) - use this form to apply to install or modify a memorial on a grave.
- Cemetery memorial sizes - sizes of memorials according to compliance.