Council tax reduction discretionary relief
Our council tax reduction discretionary relief scheme could help you if you are struggling to pay your council tax.
We will consider your claim and let you know a decision within two weeks. If successful, a payment will be made into your council tax account, reducing what you owe.
You will need to fill in a claim form which is available below.
You will need to complete an online application, or print and return a paper form available on our discretionary payments section.
Who can claim?
You may be eligible to claim discretionary relief if:
- you are the person named on the council tax bill
- you are suffering financial hardship and cannot pay your council tax bill
- you are suffering hardship because of an extreme event or natural disaster
- your property has suffered structural damage, caused by an external event
- you require further financial assistance.
People who are vulnerable, or who have vulnerable people living with them, will be given special consideration.
There are some circumstances where you will not be able to make a claim. Please get in touch with us for further information.