We can carry out small home maintenance jobs, including repairs, security work and adaptations, through our handyperson service.
What work can be done?
Home maintenance jobs available through the service include:
- Windows and door repairs
- Security work (door and window locks)
- Electrical work
- Fencing and gates
- Minor adaptation works, such as grab rails
- Installing keysafe boxes.
Who qualifies for the service?
To qualify for the service you must be either:
- Over 60
- A single parent
- A low income family.
What's the cost?
You will have to pay for the work, but this is based on your ability to pay. The rates are between £15 and £60 per hour, depending on your income.
The cost is as follows:
- £15 per hour for people in receipt of one of the main means-tested benefits (excluding working tax credit)
- £18 per hour for people in receipt of working tax credit
- For all other eligible customers - £60 for jobs completed within 90 minutes, or £40 per hour for jobs greater than 90 minutes.
Customers will be asked to provide proof of benefits to qualify for the discounted prices.
Ring us on: 0116 454 5120
Send us a message